Getting ready for your move? Worried about how all the things would fit in the supplies? Here are some guidelines that might not have crossed your mind before and which will come in handy, especially when you want to save some money.
- Make a list. Collect all the packing supplies before you begin. There is nothing more annoying than to quit half-way through because you have run out of supplies.
- Don’t pack more than 50 pounds in one box. Though it might seem to handle the weight when you are packing, it might just come apart when being carried around.
- Pack similar items in one box and label them properly.
- Put items that come in pairs like socks, gloves and shoes to prevent the tiring search for one of the items.
- Pack small items in small boxes properly and then place small boxes in one large box to make it easy to track all the boxes.
- Make sure all the boxes are sealed properly. Tape them at top and bottom properly to make sure the surface is flat.
- Make a list of all the boxes and the content inside them. This will tell you what is in which box and will assist in case there is a missing box.
- Pack all the important documents, jewelry and other valuables properly and keep them with you. If you can’t carry them with you at the time of the move, just send them ahead with a reliable courier company.
- Disassemble the furniture if possible, put all the screws, nuts and bolts in a bag and tape it under the furniture.
- Make a list of all the tasks, divide the work and then divide the task amongst all the family members to reduce the workload.
- Pack the items of same rooms together. It will make the unpacking easy and less tiring.
- Don’t use ordinary garbage bags to pack your stuff, they tear and rip easily allowing your things to either get spoiled or get lost during the move. Plan ahead and have packing supplies delivered to you by Wolley Movers. This will ensure that you have all the supplies you need for all your packing needs and there will be no need for using poor quality materials.
- Lock all the drawers and cabinets of your furniture which you are planning to move so that they don’t get damaged during the move. You can use tape if the drawers do not have a lock. Some of these drawers might come off and in the process get damaged or damage other items.
Moving is a difficult job because you have to keep a lot of things in minds and know where everything is. This is why Wolley Movers is here to help you move safely and properly. we are a professional moving company in Chicago with affordable rates and moving services that will leave you satisfied. You can visit us at our office or contact us for more information or to have your moving questions answered.