The moving process, depending on where you move and who you hire, can cost a lot. The final price depends on different factors, such as if you’re looking for a commercial or a residential moving services in the Chicagoland area. Getting an estimate is a way to get an idea of moving cost. We are here to offer you a free and instant moving quote for your moving needs, and we can also help you understand moving quotes in Chicago and get the precise moving estimate.
Why Do You Need An Accurate Moving Quote?
It may look easy to calculate the costs when you first start thinking about moving. However, as you go further into the matter, you find out about all the items that may affect the final cost. That’s why you need a free estimate to get a rough idea of your moving cost. This way, you will know where to start and how to cut costs if necessary.
Is a Free Moving Estimate Enough?
Not really. It is just a rough estimate the moving services and items you need. After you get the idea on how much it can cost, our team will come to the site and give you all the information and explain everything. When you hire a moving company in Chicago, it is very important that someone from their team comes to your home and checks everything related to the move. Sometimes high floors, tricky halls, no elevators, and heavy or specialty items can affect the cost significantly.
Be sure to show all the items you need to move and make a detailed inventory list once you decide to move. A professional moving company in Chicago will always encourage you to have a list of your property.
The Accurate Quote
The moving company will do an in-home visit and make a list of all the items you have. After that, they should send you the actual quote. Our company will do that in a short time, and you will get a precise moving quote with all the details listed. This quote will give you a clear idea of your moving cost. However, if you have any questions or you want to make some changes, you can contact or visit our office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Types of Moving Quotes in Chicago
There are three most common types of moving estimates:
- Nonbinding moving estimate: The company gives you a rough idea of your costs, and the final price is later calculated based on the weight of your items. The price may go lower or higher than the first estimate.
- Binding estimate: A first given price that needs to be paid without any changes at the end of the moving process.
- Binding not to exceed moving estimate: This is the same as the binding estimate. However, if your items weigh less, the price can be reduced.
Services The Moving Quote Includes
When comparing different moving companies, people sometimes expect that most of them have the same policies. However, services that are included in the price vary from company to company. Some companies include some services in the price, while others consider those as special services and charge them separately. You should be aware of that when calculating moving quotes in Chicago.
Moving Quote Tips
- Start browsing companies on time. If you have enough time to browse the companies, you will make the best decision. Especially if you do a commercial move, such as moving your office, having enough time is a must.
- Compare estimates. Get at least two or three different moving companies to do a moving estimate. This way you will have the opportunity to compare and choose the best one.
- Have a clear idea on what you’re moving. If you already made a list of items you need to move, your moving quote will be clear and done in no time. However, you can always change that, or add some items if necessary.
- Show any specialty items to the estimator. It’s important to say if you have any special, expensive, or really heavy items since those items can affect the price. Our company offers you safe packing and moving services for specialty items, such as piano moving. Valuable and fragile items like this should be packed and moved professionally and carefully.
How To Reduce Moving Quotes
After you’ve done a rough, free estimate, there is a chance for you to lower the moving costs. Here are some tips on how to do that.
Sort Your Items and Say Goodbye to Some of Them
We know that every home has some items that are no longer necessary but somehow occupy space. Before the final, quote, go through your property and see if there is something you can say goodbye to. You can always sell, donate, or recycle items you don’t really need. This way you will free up space in your new home and lower the moving costs.
Do the Packing Yourself
Most of the items you can pack yourself. Get the right packing supplies—we offer them—and start packing. This way you can significantly lower the moving quote. However, leave the special or fragile items to the professionals.
Choose the Moving Season Wisely
In Chicago, the most popular moving seasons are spring and autumn. That period of the year can be pretty hectic and attracts higher moving rates. To avoid that, chose a different moving season if you have that option. However, in Chicago, you should also avoid winter months, since they can be very cold and snowy. Also, having a flexible schedule when moving can get you a more affordable deal with us!